If you love to decorate for Halloween (like me!) then our handmade Halloween Nightmare Catcher is for you. This super simple project is made with your Silhouette (or similar die cut machine) and with just an inexpensive string of lights, really comes alive!
Project by Shabneez Khan-Muztar of the Happy Hijaabi Blog
You will need…
Silhouette Machine*, Card, Bakers Twine, Wired Lights (we got ours from B&M for £4.99)
1. Cut the Spiderweb Circle Halloween Background in an off white shimmer cardstock. (the one shown here is sized to around 9″ in diameter)
2. Cut two sets of the Nested Bats in black cardstock.
3. Stick 5 of the smaller bats on to the Spiderweb Circle.
4. Make a small hole at the bottom of the Spiderweb Circle and take a longer length of bakers twine to attach to it. Stick a bat on either side of the bakers twine and repeat 2 more times leaving a space between them as you go down.
5. Make a small hole in the top of the Spiderweb Circle and attach bakers twine to hang it with.
6. Thread the wired lights through the middle of the nightmare catcher (leave enough wire so that you can conceal the battery pack once it’s hung up!)
The files you need for this are the Spiderweb Circle Background (click here)* and the Bat (click here)*
We’d love to see your version, please share with us!
Beautiful ! Just got the two files from Silhouette Design Store and will be making it for next fall… Thanks for this beautiful project.