Wow, the year has gone so fast and it’s already 2014, I can’t believe how much is different now to a year ago, I think I crammed a lot in! :o) So here is a quick recap…
2013 will be the year I remember as…
* The year I launched more new products than I ever dreamed of, including sewing kits, stamp & stitch, ‘A Few of My Favourite Things…’ kits, Doodle Dolls and the ‘Special Editions’ stamp line with Jaine and later in the year, Clare – taking me to over 400 products at last count!!
* Started to have my products stocked at Paperchase & Freckled Fawn with many more to come (I can’t wait to spill some beans!!)
* Became one of Papercraft Inspirations magazines Crafty Experts
* Spent lots of time on trains between Essex and Peterborough on my way to and from Create & Craft for lots and lots of shows (picture courtesy of my friend Jen!) as much as I quite like trains I think I will be brave and retake my driving test this year!
* Grew my company by over 500% and took on an assistant to help me manage the craziness that I hadn’t planned for just yet!
* Said “How did THAT happen???!” about 1,574,634 times – it’s my new motto ;o)
* Started to share this…
* and gave you a little peek at this…
* and signed this… (more about all of those in 2014!)
* I learned from my friend Di that it’s OK to be open, not hold back so
much, that sharing is a good thing and started to share a little more
of my story – It’s not something that I find easy, even with my friends, I was raised to keep things very private and not share personal things (which I know can sometimes come across as aloof or stuck up) but now I’ve started to open up and realised that Di is right, I’ve had so much support, so many lovely comments and emails and lots of people saying they can relate to things I’ve shared, if I can help or encourage or inspire one person by sharing then it’s totally worth it!
* Was proud of myself for the very first time
*Learned a lot about forgiveness and letting go as I was reunited with my biological dad and discovered I had another sister and a nephew I knew nothing about! Some things can never be repaired but you can try and build something new and I’ve enjoyed my year getting to know my new family and trying to find my place in it
* I also enjoyed my first Christmas at home (couldn’t leave that furry face out of my round up now, could I!)
A big ‘Thank You’ to my Mother in Law who bought me this for Christmas to go in my office – I know she doesn’t always understand why I work so hard and thinks I should get off the pooter and do a nice spot of hoovering or make B a nice dinner, but she is unwavering in her help and support nonetheless and even works for me part time now – what a doll!
Last year my word for the year was ‘Sparkle’ and I think I well and truly achieved what I set out to when I picked it, so although I’ve wracked my brain trying to think of something more suitable for this year, I can’t come up with anything I’d rather do than Sparkle again!